“What kind of form must I use to pay provisional tax in February?”

Simangele Mzizi, Fsp Business, 09 Jan. 2015

Tags: provisional tax form, irp6, provisional tax return, provisional tax, paying provisional tax, provisional tax deadline

Our tax experts are getting a lot of provisional tax questions at the moment as taxpayers gear up to make their next provisional tax payments on 27 February.

They want to make sure they do everything correctly. After all, SARS levies huge penalties if you make mistakes when paying provisional tax.

One question that keeps coming up over and over is about the provisional tax form or return. Most taxpayers want to know which form they must use.

If you want to know the answer too, keep reading…

***** Recommended Product ******
An easy way to get your Provisional Tax calculation done 100% correctly by 27 February

Order your copy of the Provisional Tax 101 report and SAVE 25% if you order in the next 5 days.

Find out how…


Use this form to pay provisional tax

You must use an IRP6 return to pay your provisional tax, say the experts behind Provisional Tax 101.
As you know, provisional tax applies to certain individuals, Trusts and Companies and Close Corporations.
And, there are specific forms for each of the different taxpayers.
  • Individual taxpayers must use an IRP6(i);
  • Trusts must use an IRP6(T); and
  • Companies and Close Corporations must use an IRP6(c).
If you submit your provisional tax return via SARS’ eFiling website (www.sarsefiling.co.za) which we suggest everyone do, the system automatically brings up the appropriate screen based on what type of taxpayer you are.
All you have to do is:
  • Log in to eFiling;
  • Click on “Returns” and then “Returns Issued”;
  • Click on Provisional Tax (IRP6);
  • From the drop-down menu, select the provisional tax period and click the “Request” button. The IRP6 will show as a line item. At the end of the line, click on the underlined word “Open”.
  • Choose to open the IRP6 with either Flash Player or ADOBE reader and then click IRP6. (You’ll see this in the table, in the Return Type column. The word IRP6 is hyperlinked – that’s where you click).
Note: You’ll then see your pre-populated details on the form. Be sure to check them to make sure they’re correct.

After this, there are seven crucial steps you need to take to complete your IRP6 via eFiling

You’ll find these steps in Provisional Tax 101.

Provisional Tax 101 also shows you the following:

  • What to include in your provisional tax calculation;
  • The documents you need to calculate your provisional tax;
  • How to correct errors or check on the status of your return;
  • How to check if your account with SARS is paid up;
  • How to rescue yourself from interest charges if you’ve under-estimated your liability; and
  • So much more.
Now that you know what kind of form to use, make your provisional tax payment on time. And if you have any provisional tax question, ask our experts at www.accountingandtaxclub.co.za.

Related articles:




RSS Facebook Share the experience
Accounting and Tax Club.co.za

  • Accounting
  • Allowances and deductions
  • Audit/Assessment
  • Capital gains tax
  • Dividends
  • Donations Tax
  • Exports and imports
  • Fringe benefits
  • Input tax
  • Provisional tax
  • Sars
  • Tax basics
  • Tax invoices
  • Tax returns
  • Vat basics
  • Vat registrations
  • Vat return
Premium Services
  • Company Registration
  • Objections
  • PAYE
  • Trusts
  • Turnover Tax
  • UIF
  • Wear and Tear
how to get my tax number online[read more]
Published on 16 Feb. 2018 1 answer
Need some help on correcting payslips taken over from outsourced payroll person. As soon as the company pays ANYTHING...[read more]
Published on 06 Feb. 2018 1 answer
Dear Sir, Please advise the CGT calculation in the following scenario: Close corporation with one member purchased...[read more]
Published on 18 Jan. 2018 1 answer
Video Archive Video club

Your library of Free eReports
View full library
SARS Tax Tables 2016/2017 Download

Simply click download for your FREE SARS Tax Tables 2016/2017 to ensure you calculate your tax correctly.